The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Preservation Resource Center’s fundraising, including: the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, fundraising events, PRC membership, grant funding and capital campaigns. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them and secure contributions to the organization.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of new major donors while nurturing existing major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work with Communications Director to collaborate on public relations and marketing opportunities.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee member relations, including working with all departments on membership perks, tracking and communications with members, and growing number and diversity of members.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff for the achievement of department goals.
- Work with other department heads to turn their content and events into fundraising opportunities.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Collaborate with Communications Department to ensure donor recognition and promotion of development department priorities in Preservation in Print, website and social media channels.
- Develop and manage the department budget in collaboration with the staff accountant and Executive Director.
- Work with Executive Director and accountant to understand organization and department budgets to recognize financial gaps and set goals for Development Department to fundraise to make organization fiscally sustainable.
- Must embrace the mission of the Preservation Resource Center
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- A bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years experience in professional fundraising preferred.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and other database management software.
The PRC preserves New Orleans’ historic architecture, neighborhoods and cultural identity through collaboration, empowerment and service to our community.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with paid benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to Executive Director Danielle Del Sol at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17, 2020.