The Event Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, overseeing, and executing all events produced by the Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans (PRC) including fundraisers, friendraisers, and public programming events. The Event Coordinator reports to the Director of Education and Outreach and is responsible for coordinating with the Development and Communications departments as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and execute all aspects of all events
- Oversee three major home tours annually including planning all elements of the tours, liaising with homeowners, and coordinating all event logistics
- Plan and execute all fundraising and donor thank you events for the organization including home tour patron parties, one gala, bi-monthly major donor receptions, and various other events as needed by Development Director
- Coordinate regular educational events including walking tours, lectures, off-site receptions and happy hours
- Work with Communications team to create effective marketing and promotions for all events including social media, website, invitations, PR, and/or advertising
- Manage and oversee events on the day(s) of including set up, volunteer coordinating, organizing food and drink, check-in, and break-down/clean up
- Manage expenses to stay within budget and reduce expenses where possible
- Work with Accounting team to pay all invoices and vendors in a timely fashion
- Assist in selection of committee chairs, train and support event chairpersons and committees; provide all instruction and support materials as needed
- Thank all committee chairs, committee members, and contributing volunteers appropriately
- Work with printers to obtain best quality price on all printed materials including event invitations
- Help plan and execute any new events as needed by organization
- Assist with any educational programming as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in event planning
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and an attention to detail
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities and develop creative solutions
- A team player with a goal-oriented approach to work
- Self-starter who is able to work well independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills; Ability to set and follow a timeline
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse constituencies
- The ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Must embrace the mission of the Preservation Resource Center
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleDocs
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- This job requires regular evening and weekend work and work in off-site locations including construction sites.
- Applicants should be able to walk or stand for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs. or more.
This is a full-time position with paid benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Sarina Mohan, firstname.lastname@example.org by COB Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018.