The Public Programming and Events Assistant is responsible for coordinating and executing special projects and tasks in order to execute major events including Holiday Home Tour, The Revival Gala, and Shotgun House Tour as well as providing support on the various education and engagement programs produced by the Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans (PRC). The Public Programming and Events Assistant reports to the Director of Public Programming and Events and is responsible for coordinating directly with the Event Coordinator as necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Event Coordinator to plan, organize, and execute the Holiday Home Tour Boutique including soliciting, tracking, and coordinating with vendors, determining the schematic for set-up and placement of vendors within the boutique, and day-of logistics to ensure effective and efficient boutique event production.
- Work with Event Coordinator to manage and work with the boutique committee for Holiday Home Tour to provide them any information or documents they may need in order to assist with planning and executing the boutique
- Work with Event Coordinator to maintain thoughtful relationships with boutique vendors throughout the year including before, during, and after the event
- Work with the Event Coordinator to manage and work with the Music Committee for Holiday Home Tour to provide them any information or documents they may need in order to assist with coordinating volunteer musicians for the Holiday Home Tour and to orchestrate, set-up, and break down the green room throughout tour weekend
- Keep thorough records of all vendors and contact information in the shared digital files as well as Raiser’s Edge database
- Prepare, submit, and secure special events and ATC permits for Holiday Home Tour, Holiday Home Tour Patron Party, and Shotgun House Tour as well as any ancillary events associated with these three major events
- Provide assistance as needed in planning, executing, and wrapping up The Revival Gala
- Provide staffing for Holiday Home Tour, Shotgun House Tour, and The Revival Gala including set-up, execution, and clean-up along with the Public Programming and Events team
- Assist with Beams and Brews or other PRC events as schedule allows and as needed
- Provide assistance with the planning, execution, and follow-up on any homebuyer education, cultural education, tours, exhibits, lectures, or events as needed
- Assist with volunteer coordination for PRC tours including soliciting, scheduling, coordinating, and checking-in all volunteer house captains, docents, greeters, and musicians for PRC tours – including up to 250 for Holiday Home Tour and 150 for Shotgun House Tour as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and an attention to detail
- A team player with a goal-oriented approach to work
- Self-starter who is able to work well independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills; Ability to follow a timeline
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse constituencies
- The ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Must embrace the mission of the Preservation Resource Center
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleDocs
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This job requires regular evening and weekend work and work in off-site locations including construction sites.
- Applicants should be able to walk or stand for long periods of time and lift 25 lbs. or more.
This is an hourly position with variable, project-based hours to be paid at $12.50/hour. Hours should not exceed 50 per month.
Please send resume and cover letter to Sarina Mohan at email@example.com by Friday, September 13, 2019.