The PRC’s Staff Accountant works directly with the Executive Director and with the board treasurer to maintain the finances of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage all financial duties of the PRC, including but not limited to:
- Annual budgeting process, to be updated and reported to both staff and board incrementally
- Monitor and manage cash flow
- Monitor and manage all of the organization’s bank accounts and external subscriptions, such as Entergy, SWB, etc.
- Work with our insurance provider on updates and billing
- Close out monthly financials and provide Budget-to-Actuals to department heads in a timely manner (within 15 days) each month
- Manage financial aspects of 401k, payroll and other HR functions
- Manage all aspects of A/R, A/P and Billing
- Accounts Payable will encompass the processing of all accounts payable transactions including bills, credit card charges and track grant reimbursable expenditures ensuring accuracy of each bill and proper classification
- Accounts Receivable will encompass monthly billing of ad sales, event pledges, and grant/foundation invoicing
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables
- Enter & process bi-weekly payroll into Paychex. Review for accuracy and submit to payroll processing company. Record journal entries to the general ledger ensuring proper allocation of employee costs to grants and program activities
- Reconcile contributions in Razer’s Edge to the general ledger (G/L)
- Reconcile bank and investment accounts; prepare related journal entries and follow-up on any unusual items
- Assist with the monthly close including recording journal entries, prepare balance sheet
reconciliations/schedules, analyzing G/L accounts, recording adjusting journal entries and accruing expenses each month
- Manage fixed assets paperwork and recording in financial system, such as recording fixed asset by unit, calculate and prepare depreciation entries, prepare fixed assets schedule and file supporting documentation
- Prepare special financial reports as requested by development and program managers by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Prepare budgets as needed for grant applications
- Lead the organization’s annual audit, A-133 audit, 990s and other filings
- Assist in staffing fundraising events as needed
- Maintain Rebuilding Together New Orleans and Operation Comeback financial records for potential future audits
- Work with building’s rental tenants on monthly rent collection and other financial issues
- Work with department heads to ensure grant compliance
- Work with Executive Director, Board President and Board Treasurer on other issues as needed
The Staff Accountant is expected to provide the Executive Director and Board President and Treasurer with regular reports that will allow them to make decisions that are best for the organization. They will also provide the board treasurer with regular reports that he/she can share with the full board.
This is a full-time job with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. More information upon request.
Please email CV and cover letter to Danielle Del Sol at [email protected] by Friday, January 28, 2022.
Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans (PRC) preserves New Orleans’ historic architecture, neighborhoods and cultural identity through collaboration, empowerment and service to our community. Founded in 1974, PRC is a non-profit organization that has restored more than 1,500 properties citywide and has assisted countless individuals with their own renovation efforts through its outreach and advocacy programs. PRC provides resources and education to convey the economic, cultural and aesthetic importance of historic architecture in New Orleans and throughout the world. For more information about PRC and its revitalization efforts, call 504.581.7032 or visit www.prcno.org. Connect with PRC on Facebook; Twitter (@PRCNO) and Instagram (@PRCNOLA).