- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) awards PRC first of four grants for renovation of 604 Julia Street.
- The annual Julia Jump fundraiser is launched to raise money to match state grant.
- Local historic district established in CBD to protect Lafayette Square, Picayune Place and Warehouse District.
- US Supreme Court rules that New York’s preservation ordinance is constitutional, protecting Grand Central Station.
- PRC begins renovating 604 Julia St.
- N.O. Department of Housing awards PRC funds for “Neighborhood Revival,” a program to assist homeowners in deteriorating neighborhoods.
- PRC establishes Neighborhood Council for convening neighborhood reps.
- Louisiana Preservation Alliance (LPA) is founded.
- Miami Beach added to National Register of Historic Districts, the nation’s first historic district comprised entirely of 20th century buildings.
- PRC begins facade Servitude Donation Program.
- PRC sponsors survey of Central City for National Register consideration.
- PRC opens offices at 604 Julia St.
- PRC hosts annual conference of National Trust for Historic Preservation in New Orleans
- Economic Recovery Tax Act provides 25% investment tax credit for historic rehabilitation.