The PRC preserves New Orleans’ historic architecture, neighborhoods and cultural identity through collaboration, empowerment and service to our community.
How the PRC fulfills this mission:
- We advocate for the community and historic neighborhoods and architecture at the local, state and federal levels.
- We educate citizens and students through a robust Education and Outreach department.
- We safeguard historic structures with our Preservation Easements program.
- We improve the quality of life of low-income homeowners through critical home repairs and community revitalization with our Rebuilding Together program.
- We guide and encourage the acquisition and renovation of vacant buildings by individuals through Operation Comeback and through our practice of accepting and reselling donated structures.
- We promote awareness through our award-winning publication Preservation in Print, which publishes nine times a year.