The PRC preserves New Orleans’ historic architecture, neighborhoods and cultural identity through collaboration, empowerment and service to our community.
The Work of the PRC
Our expert staff offer programs and classes about purchasing, renovating and maintaining historic buildings, including the latest information about tax incentive programs.
- We ADVOCATE for the community and neighborhoods at the local, state and federal levels.
- We EDUCATE citizens through in-person and online classes and workshops on an array of historic preservation topics.
- We SAFEGUARD 139 historic structures in the state with our Preservation Easements program.
- We PROVIDE free home repairs to qualified low- and moderate-income residents who have been cited for violations by the New Orleans Historic District Landmarks Commission.
- We GUIDE and encourage the acquisition and renovation of vacant buildings.
- We PROMOTE awareness through our award-winning publication Preservation in Print and through our online Digital Preservation Newsroom at PRCNO.org and our robust social media channels.
PRC’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
New Orleans’ rich diversity is the underpinning of our cultural heritage and historic legacy, and it is critical to the PRC’s mission to incorporate inclusive voices into our work. We strive to preserve our city’s heritage, inclusive of socio-economic, ethnic, cultural and generational diversity, recognizing that many people, of many backgrounds, gave their talents and skills to create our city. All New Orleans residents deserve to see their cultural and architectural legacies protected, enjoyed and preserved for the benefit of current and future generations.