- PRC launches Live in a Landmark marketing campaign in 16 historic neighborhoods.
- American Society of Interior Design awards the PRC its annual Design for Humanity Award
- PRC organizes “Under the Bridge Coalition” to strengthen area between Lower Garden District and Warehouse District.
- President George H. W. Bush’s 1991 budget reinstates preservation funding.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation presents PRC Honor Award.
- Preservation in Print wins LPA’s Annual Award for Education.
- PRC successfully lobbies state legislature for adoption of renovation tax abatement program for homeowners.
- National Trust for Historic Preservation gives PRC Critical Issues Grant to study impact of riverfront development on adjacent historic districts
- Intermodal Surface Transportation and Enhancements Act (ISTEA) provides funding for preservation projects related to transportation.
- City of New Orleans expands support for Christmas In October and awards Economic Development Fund grant to expand Operation Comeback.
- Operation Comeback offers interim financing in neighborhoods that have participated in Christmas In October and ads neighborhoods to Live in a Landmark campaign.
- State of Louisiana grants Supreme Court right to use former historic state court building in Vieux Carre as State Supreme Court.
- PRC and Martin-St. Martin Publishing Co. produce Classic New Orleans to promote livability of N.O. and its historic neighborhoods.
- Aron Fund established at Operation Comeback to put more vacant properties into commerce.
- PRC hosts first annual Shotgun House Month.
- PRC director Patty Gay receives Louisiana Landmarks Harnett Kane Award.
- Operation Comeback expands interim financing to additional neighborhoods.