- PRC surveys Parkview area for National Register of Historic Districts with grant from Louisiana State Historic Preservation Office.
- Mid-City listed on National Register of Historic Districts as result of state grant to PRC for survey.
- PRC and Councill Furniture launch New Orleans Furniture Collection.
- Disney Corporation drops plans for theme park in historic Virginia countryside.
- Operation Comeback unveils “Homer,” a computer catalog of vacant properties in New Orleans neighborhoods.
- PRC and neighborhood organizations commission University of New Orleans study of Lower St. Charles Corridor.
- PRC’s inventory of fa�ade donations climbs to 90 with acceptance of 27 easements from Historic Faubourg St. Mary Corp.
- PRC publishes “Historic Neighborhoods of New Orleans” brochure and map, the first in the city on historic districts.
- Preservation in Print receives commendation from American Association of State and local History.
- American Institute of Architects presents Presidential Citation to PRC.
- National Register of Historic Districts listings in Louisiana top 1000.
- PRC unveils web site at www.prcno.org.
- Operation Comeback Assistant Director Annie Avery named “Preservationist of the Year” at Mayor’s Golden Hammer Awards.
- PRC sponsors first “Great Neighborhood Sellabration” with more than a 1000 participants.
- 4,000 Christmas in October volunteers renovate 75 homes in 9 historic neighborhoods.
- PRC establishes African American Heritage Preservation Council.
- City Council proclaims March “Shotgun House Month”
- The American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) creates first “Shotgun Showhouse” for Shotgun House Month.
- Operation Comeback Director Stephanie Bruno named “Preservationist of the Year” at Mayor’s Golden Hammer Awards.
- Gov. Mike Foster establishes the River Road Commission.
- Louisiana State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO), Tulane University and Louisiana State University Press publish Louisiana Buildings: 1720 – 1940.
- Gambino House on Esplanade Avenue burns to the ground after long fight to save it.
- PRC initiates expropriation of 8 vacant and blighted houses in the 600 block of Gen. Taylor St.
- PRC lobbies New Orleans City Council to establish demolition review for buildings over 50 years old, resulting in Housing Conservation District ordinance.