- PRC nominates Straight University Boarding House and Dining Hall to the National Register of Historic Places, and it is accepted for local significance. The building, located at 1423 N. Claiborne Avenue, is the last remaining original building from any historically black college or university in New Orleans. PRC later acquires the building, and begins renovations in 2014.
- Mary Fitzpatrick releases the third book in her PRC trilogy, New Orleans: Days and Nights in the Dreamy City.
- Rebuilding Together partners with the National Football League for its 18th annual Kickoff to Rebuild during Super Bowl weekend, repairing 10 homes and building a play structure in Algiers with over 150 volunteers.
- In celebration of PRC’s 40th anniversary, PRC and Tulane School of Architecture host The Economics of Authenticity symposium, attended by preservationists from 41 cities.
- Edgewood Park is named a National Register Historic District.
- PRC’s 40th annual meeting is held at the beautifully restored Saenger Theatre.