Tuesday, Sept. 27
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
FREE and open to the public
At the PRC
923 Tchoupitoulas St.
(in the Warehouse District)
Click here for directions.
The Mayor’s Office of Cultural Economy, along with the Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism and the Preservation Resource Center, is proud to present the Cultural Products District Workshop.
This workshop will help commercial and residential property owners to:
• Learn about the historic rehabilitation tax credits available to property owners of buildings 50 years and older in New Orleans’ 20 Cultural Products Districts
• Learn about historic rehabilitation and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation as required by the tax incentive programs
• Find local resources for rehabilitation including contractors that specialize in historic renovation
• Navigate the application process with the Division of Historic Preservation of the Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism
This workshop will help art-selling businesses to:
• Learn about the original art state and local sales tax exemption available to original art sellers in New Orleans’ 20 Cultural Products Districts
• Understand what qualifies as original art
• Learn the process for claiming the exemption and keeping adequate records of original art sales for both state and local sales taxes
Please R.S.V.P. to Alison Gavrell, Cultural Economy Project Coordinator, at 504.658.0907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.