Travel to Cuba with the Preservation Resource Center
Explore Cuba with the PRC
The Preservation Resource Center is hosting an exclusive architectural and cultural tour of Cuba Oct. 21-28. Join us as we explore the riches of Cuban architecture, historic neighborhoods, incredible food and music, while enjoying the warmth, hospitality and beauty of the island.
This eight-day, seven-night trip, designed with the trusted company Project Por Amor, will be a once-in-a-lifetime journey that will include not only Havana, but also excursions to Cienfuegos, the city that is most similar to New Orleans in the Caribbean, and Trinidad, a stunning Cuban colonial village frozen in time. Both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Top architecture and history experts will lead us through Cuba’s historic sites, with stops at the best restaurants in the country along the way.
This custom-designed trip will offer access to the best of Cuba’s cultural and historic treasures, with an emphasis on the connections between the island and New Orleans. All accommodations, transportation around the island, and two meals daily will be included.
DAY 1: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21 | WELCOME
- Welcome Mojitos and Introductions.
- Capitolio Neighborhood Walking Tour.
- Jazz Concert at La Guarida Sessions
DAY 2: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 22 | COLONIAL HAVANA
- Old Havana four plazas walking tour
- Ferry to town of Regla
- Centro Bahia New Arts Center.
- La Fábrica de Arte Cubano (FAC) art and music space
DAY 3: MONDAY, OCTOBER 23 | WEST HAVANA
- Visit to Instituto Superior de Arte with Felipe Dulzaides
- Fusterlandia ceramicist
- Private performance by the dance company “Mi Compania”
- El Cañonazo ritual (optional)
DAY 4: TUESDAY, OCTOBER 24 | HAVANA 1900 – 1950
- LECTURE: Overview of Havana’s Architectural History with Wilfredo Benitez
- Visit to Convento de San Francisco de Asis with architect and preservationist Isabel Rigol, National Prize for Preservation.
- Museo de Artes Decorativos
- House tour of Curator Pamela Ruiz
- Tropicana Nightclub (optional)
DAY 5: SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25 | VIÑALES
- Visit to Palacio del Valle
- City Tour of Cienfuegos historic core
- Private concert with Nelson Valdez.
- Arrive in Trinidad
- Open Air Music Concert
DAY 6: THURSDAY, OCTOBER 26 | TRINIDAD
- Tour of Trinidad’s historic core with historian Nancy Benitez
- Visit to Carlos Matas painter’s studio
- Return to Havana
DAY 7: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 27 | HEMINGWAY
- Cementerio Colón cemetary
- Private concert with Camerata Romeu string orchestra
- Ernest Hemingway’s Finca Vigía
- Classic Convertibles Scenic Car Ride
- Final dinner party at Kadir Lopez and Havana Light Neon Studio
DAY 8: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 28 | HASTA LUEGO CUBA
- Travel to home city.
View the full Itinerary and Register
Double occupancy: $4,675 (per person)
Single occupancy: $5,495
Spots will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis, 14 travelers need to make deposits by June 21st in order for this program to go. All funds will be refunded if the minimum is not reached. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
NOTE: Airfare is not included. A number of flights on major airlines flying to Havana are available. You can purchase online or through your preferred agent. Staff at Project Por Amor are available to offer guidance ahead of you making your own arrangements.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor upon signing up to secure a space. Full payment of the final balance is due by July 21st, 2023.