Edgewood Park, a neighborhood within the larger Gentilly district of New Orleans, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. It was developed along with other sections of Gentilly as a middle-class streetcar suburb in 1909, and it is still densely populated by modest cottages with ample setbacks. The triangular neighborhood is bordered on the north by Gentilly Boulevard, on the south by Interstate 610, on the east by Peoples Avenue, and on the west by Fairmont Drive. It was initially developed thanks to a streetcar route along Franklin Avenue that connected Edgewood Park to downtown. Long a quiet area complete with schools, churches, banks and more, Edgewood Park has many long-time residents. Neighborhood institutions include Bethel Lutheran Church on Franklin Avenue and St. James Major Catholic Church on Gentilly Boulevard. The Craftsman style is dominant amongst the neighborhood’s bungalows, shotgun houses, camelbacks and raised-basement homes, while revival styles including Tudor, Mediterranean and Colonial Revival can also be found. The former Pierre A. Capdau School, located at 3821 Franklin Ave., was designed by architect E.A. Christy in 1922 in the Beaux Arts style and has been renovated into affordable senior housing. The Edgewood Park Improvement Association developed the neighborhood in 1909. Its modern incarnation, the Edgewood Park Neighborhood Association, was founded in 2000. Today, the neighborhood still retains much of its historic integrity.