May 7 at 5:30pm 7:00pm

Locally known as the former Children’s Museum building, the brick warehouse at the corner of Constance and Julia streets will soon become Common House, a modern social club. The building renovation was facilitated by Renegade (formerly Impetus) as the general contractor, Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture, Joshua Joseph Interiors and AJ Capital Partners.

The original warehouse at this site was destroyed in a fire on May 20, 1884. The existing building was built in 1887 and was historically used as both a sugary refinery and a cotton warehouse. Located in the local Warehouse Historic District and the Upper Central Business District National Register District, 420 Julia is one of the last remaining commercial buildings of its style in the city. “The sophistication of the details on this building, and the rhythm which they create, are outstanding for a warehouse building of this or any age,” according to the property’s HDLC landmark designation. 

JLV Construction

Free for PRC members; $10 for non-members.

Free – $10
420 Julia St.
New Orleans, 70130
+ Google Map
View Venue Website