Travel to Cuba with the Preservation Resource Center Spring 2024
Explore Cuba with the PRC
The Preservation Resource Center is once again hosting an exclusive architectural and cultural tour of Cuba April 7-14. Join us as we explore the riches of Cuban architecture, historic neighborhoods, incredible food and music, while enjoying the warmth, hospitality and beauty of the island.
This eight-day, seven-night trip, designed with the trusted company Project Por Amor, will be a once-in-a-lifetime journey that will include not only Havana, but also excursions to Cienfuegos, the city that is most similar to New Orleans in the Caribbean, and Trinidad, a stunning Cuban colonial village frozen in time. Both are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Top architecture and history experts will lead us through Cuba’s historic sites, with stops at the best restaurants in the country along the way.
This custom-designed trip will offer access to the best of Cuba’s cultural and historic treasures, with an emphasis on the connections between the island and New Orleans. All accommodations, transportation around the island, and two meals daily will be included.
DAY 1: SUNDAY, APRIL 7 | WELCOME
- Welcome Mojitos and Introductions.
- Capitolio Neighborhood Walking Tour.
- Jazz Concert at La Guarida Sessions
DAY 2: MONDAY, APRIL 8 | COLONIAL HAVANA
- Old Havana four plazas walking tour
- Private concert of Septeto Nacional
- La Fábrica de Arte Cubano (FAC) art and music space
DAY 3: TUESDAY, APRIL 9 | WEST HAVANA
- Visit to Instituto Superior de Arte with Felipe Dulzaides
- Fusterlandia ceramicist
- Private performance by the dance company “Mi Compania”
- El Cañonazo ritual (optional)
DAY 4: WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10 | HAVANA 1900 – 1950
- LECTURE: Overview of Havana’s Architectural History with Wilfredo Benitez
- Visit to Convento de San Francisco de Asis with architect and preservationist Isabel Rigol, National Prize for Preservation.
- Museo de Artes Decorativos
- House tour of Curator Pamela Ruiz
- Tropicana Nightclub (optional)
DAY 5: THURADAY, APRIL 11 | CIENFUEGOS
- Check out and depart for Cienfuegos
- Visit to Palacio del Valle
- City Tour of Cienfuegos historic core
- Private concert with Nelson Valdez.
- Arrive in Trinidad
- Open Air Music Concert
DAY 6: FRIDAY, APRIL 12 | TRINIDAD
- Tour of Trinidad’s historic core with historian Nancy Benitez
- Visit to Carlos Matas painter’s studio
- Return to Havana and check into Hotel Grand Aston
DAY 7: SATURDAY, APRIL 13 | HEMINGWAY
- Cementerio Colón
- Private concert with Camerata Romeu string orchestra
- Ernest Hemingway’s Finca Vigía
- Classic convertibles scenic Car Ride
- Final dinner party at Kadir Lopez and Havana Light Neon Studio
DAY 8: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 | HASTA LUEGO CUBA
- Travel to home city.
Love architecture and travel? Be sure to check out our other travel opportunity to beautiful Bermuda! Click here to learn more.
Cuba Program Details
Double occupancy: $4,675 (per person)
Single occupancy: $5,495
Spots will be given on a first-come-first-serve basis, 14 travelers need to make deposits by January 8th, 2024 in order for this program to go. All funds will be refunded if the minimum is not reached. We encourage you to sign up while there is still availability.
NOTE: Airfare is not included. A number of flights on major airlines flying to Havana are available. You can purchase online or through your preferred agent. Staff at Project Por Amor are available to offer guidance ahead of you making your own arrangements.
PAYMENT SCHEDULE: Deposits of $750 are due to Project Por Amor upon signing up to secure a space. Full payment of the final balance is due by January 23rd, 2024.