The South Market District, a cluster of six new mixed-use buildings, has introduced plentiful living, dining and shopping options to a historic part of New Orleans’ downtown that had been long vacant.
A seven-year effort has culminated in the revitalization of a VFW hall – the last one remaining in New Orleans.
The aesthetic of architect Henry Hobson Richardson, a native Louisianan, had world-wide impact, including in New Orleans.
The candidates expressed their opinions on historic preservation and urban planning issues during a mayoral forum in September.
The Straight University Boarding House and Dining Hall building at 1423 N. Claiborne Ave. has been returned to its former grandeur thanks to PRC’s Operation Comeback department.