A look back on the buildings where cotton reigned king in New Orleans’ downtown “Cotton District.”
A manse unparalleled in its time once sat in the heart of the Garden District.
If Algiers had to burn, it picked a good time.
A building long vilified as an eyesore in the Faubourg Marigny is reexamined.
In 1835, the company commissioned the architectural partnership of James Gallier Sr. and Charles Dakin to design what would be called the Merchants’ Exchange.